Monday, December 9, 2013

Another one!

It's been a wonderful weekend. Want to meet the reason?


Meet Michael John. He's 2 days old and entered this world at a whopping 9 lbs and an ounce. He is my sister's fifth child (she has to overcompensate for her lax sisters) and frankly, like all his siblings, he's so sweet I want her to get busy growing another. I want to squeeze those cheeks!


A couple of days before he came into this world I took a cardigan that I knitted for him over to her house but I realized that it would fit his slightly older sister (she's 20 months) so it was back to the drawing board for me. (His sister loves wool. She snuggles with blankets, woolen cardigans and today, a scarf that I had knitted for her brother. She's hilarious.)
I settled on the Puerperium cardigan and it only took a couple of days to knit up. I used handspun. It was some falkland from the Crown Mountain Farm fiber club that I had spun up as a 4 ply a couple of years ago. It was a lovely yarn. Smooth and firm.

2 comments:

SJ said...

Congrats on the new nephew! He's going to look adorable in his new sweater and hat!

ConundrumChum said...

Beautiful!